Monday, January 21, 2013

#6 Reflection.


My experience in writing and responding for these blog posts has been good so far. It helped me with not only developing my writing skill but also my reading skill-my literacy has been improved by far. English has never been my strongest nor favorite subject. Especially reading in English was so hard for me, because I was used to being able to read in Korean so fast, I could not bear the fact I had to read slowly in English. First Reading assignment was reading Andrew Sullivan’s article seemed like I could never finish it. I did not know how to start reading, nor analyze his thoughts. However, as people say, “the first step is the hardest”, once I got the knack of literacy, other assignments became easier and more interesting as I got into them. 
            Other thing that I found out was that reading and writing on the web could be different than what I thought. The things I have read and write on the web before was mostly to talk to my friends, teacher and my family (like Facebook and email), or once in a while I would read news articles. I have not used it in a way to writing academic writings, however, I figured that posting a blog is just same as writing a paper, print, and turn it in to the professor. Plus, it is a faster and easier way to share my work with my peers and professor. In the process of blogging for my English class, my view on the academically reading and writing on the web has been changed positively.

No comments:

Post a Comment