Tuesday, February 5, 2013

My experience with reading the New York Times


My experience on reading New York Times has been good so far. I do not think it is any more special than other news websites. If I had to pick one, I would say the articles more accurate, so I can trust it more than other news websites. I like the front page of New York Times, because it is set up for the readers to be able to get the important news at one glance. At the bottom of the front page there are very specific categories of news so that people can find the kinds of news they want more easy and fast. I think the site is well organized. The only thing that bothered me was that it was hard to go back to past dates news. I did not figure out how to read yesterdays news with out typing a specific subject to look up on the search bar. One other thing that I thought about was what one of my English classmates mentioned two days ago. She said, because people can pick and choose what kind of news they want to read, the information they get can be very limited. I agree with her, because from my personal experience I did not really look into articles that I am not very interested in it such as political issues, but on the other hand I thought it was very nice how reading New York Times only is instant and easy. Since I could access it anywhere and anytime, I got in to the habit of reading news articles when I am not doing anything else. I think it is a great productive habit to have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment