Monday, February 4, 2013

Unit 2-1


Where do I get my news? Well, I hear them from friends, family, television, and rarely radio. There is not just one source that I can state immediately. Today, I read, saw and heard about Beyonce’s “booty-poppin'” Super Bowl Half Time Show. It is all over YouTube and Facebook. People are going crazy about how great the performance was. I did not get to see it on time, but what people posted on Facebook made me want to watch it. I went on YouTube to watch it, and of course it was already there even thought it had been only like four hours since it was on TV. I also found out on YouTube that destiny child performed with Beyonce. I did not have to watch the entire Super Bowl to see the half time show. It is very nice to be able get the kind of news I am interested in.
         My dad also sent me a message that he got back from Saudi Arabia safely, and his business trip well really well. I was glad to hear that, because I have been wondering and a little bit worried about it, and now I am relieved. My mom and my sister have been Skyping me, and tell me what is going on in their life.   
         One of my friends told me that Victor Wooten, one of my favorite musicians, is playing at Cervantes’ this coming Saturday. I love his music, and wanted to see him live for a while. If my friends hadn’t told me I would’ve never known that he’s even coming down to Denver.
         There are the news sources I get in my life, and it happens frequently enough to me to not get behind. 

2 comments:

  1. I thought your comment about beyonces booty poppin was funny! i get my news basically the same way as you. It's good that you're able to get the knowledge of what's going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have learned the news about Beyonce through Facebook too since I do not watch the Super Bowl! Interesting how we learn news through other people through communication methods such as Facebook and skype.

    ReplyDelete